Custom built for digital investigations
In the lab, or in the field, the new Tableau Forensic Imager (TX1) acquires more data, faster, from more media types, without ever sacrificing ease-of-use or portability.
Successor to the Tableau TD3 and redesigned from the circuit board up, the TX1 is built on a custom Linux kernel, making it lean and powerful. Every component is hand-selected and tested to guarantee reliability and performance when conducting forensic imaging operations.
BROAD MEDIA SUPPORT
The TX1 can forensically image a broad range of media, including PCIe and 10Gb Ethernet devices, and supports up to two active forensic jobs at a time (simultaneous imaging). When imaging, TX1 outputs to raw .DD and .dmg formats, .e01 (compressed), or .ex01 (compressed), and features extensive file system support (ExFAT, NTFS, EXT4, FAT32, HFS+).
TX1-S1 DRIVE BAY
- Adds two additional cable-less SATA/SAS destination drive connections to the TX1
- Compatible with 2.5” and 3.5” SATA/SAS drives
- Internal fan provides drive cooling
- Easy modular connection – Just slide to connect/disconnect from the TX1
- Included in the TX1 Kit!
SUPPORT UP TO FOUR DESTINATIONS PER SOURCE
With the Drive Bay connected, the TX1 can output to four SATA/SAS, one USB 3.0 and one or more network shares. TX1 supports up to four destinations per source (1:4) with the ability to combine clone/image duplication and local/network destinations. Flexibility and power that save users’ time!
10 GbE NETWORK CONNECTION
Featuring the industry’s first 10 GbE network connection, the TX1 provides superior network imaging performance. TX1 supports an iSCSI target as a source or destination and a CIFS share as a destination.
TIP: Combine a Tableau TX1 with a portable Network Attached Storage (NAS) solution that supports 10 GbE to improve your forensic imaging workflow by acquiring all suspect media to the NAS through the TX1’s network port. No need for bare drives!
INTUITIVE USER INTERFACE
The TX1 features a tablet-sized (7”) color touch-screen display with navigation menus and features that resemble modern smartphones:
- Home tab enables quick operations in just two touches: (Duplicate, Verify, Hash and Browse)
- Jobs tab provides summary and details of active, queued and completed jobs
- SideNav gives access to Logs, System Settings, Network Settings and Imaging Defaults
- Pinch and Zoom
- Sensible Defaults
- On-screen warnings within various settings and operations screens
- Intelligent preconditions and rules to protect the user by disabling destructive operations on drives in use
The TX1 can support two concurrent forensic jobs without sacrificing performance. A forensic job is anything that involves creating a hash: Duplicating (imaging or cloning), Hashing & Verifying. Automatic job queuing allows additional jobs to begin as soon as an active job completes – A convenience for users, to get them through their backlog faster.
MEDIA UTILITY OPTIONS
In addition to forensic jobs that involve hashing, the TX1 can also simultaneously complete other media operations that do not involve hashing. Even while two forensic jobs are running, you can use the remaining available TX1 port(s) to perform any number of these media operations:
View drive details
View & disable HPA/DCO
AES whole disk encryption
The TX1 performs favorably when evaluated against other available products, especially when comparing data transfer rates of forensic jobs that include two hash values: MD5, SHA-1 or SHA-256. However, when we think of performance, we think past just MB/second. Performance means efficiency – Completing the task or workload with minimal time, effort, and training.
Every component, design decision, and feature of the TX1 was included to improve efficiency, in the lab or in the field. From the intuitive user interface, to broad media support, simultaneous imaging, 10 GbE, and more, TX1 will save time and resources.
- Whole-disk, open-standard, destination drive encryption using AES-XTS
- Two USB 3.0 Accessory ports for connecting an external keyboard or exporting logs
- HPA and DCO support for the detection and handling of hidden/protected data areas on source drives, optional trim support for the creation of a destination DCO
- Visual display of drive utilization of physical drive and file systems
- Optional multicolour LED and alert sounds for notifications
- Detailed forensic logs for case documentation
- S.M.A.R.T. verification
Tableau Firmware Updates (TFU) provide a FREE value-add to our customers. These regular updates provide new features, performance improvements, and product enhancements.