Quick decisions, made confidently
Searching seized computers is a slow process, consuming valuable man-hours, delaying availability of evidence, and causing backlogs in many digital forensics labs.
Automated scans using MD5 hashes of known illegal content, such as illegal images of children or terrorist handbooks, are a valuable tool for finding evidence quickly and minimising the need for forensic analyst time. Such scans take many hours, or even days on devices with high capacity storage or slow external interfaces.
Cyan Forensics is building a new generation of tools that can scan devices in minutes. As well as dramatically accelerating processing, these tools are fast enough to use for triage on-site or in the lab, helping to prioritise analysis of devices that are known to contain contraband.
Cyan Examiner is for forensic analysts who want results fast.
It replaces slow MD5 scans for known Indecent Images of Children or terrorist related material with a tool that is 20x faster, delivering results in minutes.
Cyan Examiner is our flagship forensic tool, intended for skilled digital forensic analysts who want maximum control of processing and detailed results.
It can be used from your own forensic workstation (usually through a write blocker), or directly on a target device using a USB bootable version (which mounts target drives read-only), or on a running device.
- Find evidence in minutes, even from large or slow devices
- Accelerate triage and screening
- Target offences involving Indecent Images of Children or Terrorism
- Find all file types, including fragments and deleted files in unallocated space
- Scan devices and drives at 2TB/hour and above
- Full control of scan options
- Detailed results
- PDF report
- Media preview (using preview tools configured in OS)
- Use on Forensics PC or Bootable Media
- Request an online demo
- Hardware Evaluation Kit (includes ready to test hard drives, and full instructions to test using your own data)